Slot machines can be fun, but are you sure they’re fair? If you play in a regular online casino, you will never know how fair a game is. However, if you prefer Ethereum slots, you can always rest assured. These next generation slot machines work on the blockchain and offer many additional benefits as well as a truly fair gambling experience.
Top Casinos for Ethereum Slots
What Are Ethereum Slots?
Ethereum slots refers to slot machines that work on the Ethereum blockchain. All deposits and withdrawals are made using Ether, rather than Fiat currencies. Regular slot machines run on a central server controlled by the casino. It is not possible for players to know how this server (and the hosted RNG software) works. In other words, casino authorities can interfere with the gameplay and change RTP rates – you’ll never know. Ethereum slots do not have this disadvantage. Because they work on a decentralized network, they do not have a central server. For the same reason, it is not possible to influence the functioning of games. As we will mention below, there are other advantages of working on a blockchain too.
How Do Ethereum Slots Work?
Ethereum slots casinos can accept members from anywhere in the world. There are no geographical restrictions. Since they do not use a license, you do not need to share your credentials to become a member. You can sign up and play anonymously, even withdraw your winnings without the need for ID verification. Speaking of withdrawals, they happen instantly: Thanks to the smart contracts feature, you do not have to wait anymore to spend your winnings. Think of an enormous database that hosts thousands of applications at the same time and manages all of them automatically: Ethereum slots work on this database and you can check the game results at any time to make sure they are fair. The “dice” is rolled by the blockchain itself, not a “shady” RNG software. For this reason, the RNG ratios of Ethereum slots are much higher than regular slots. In other words, you have a better chance of winning.
Rules of Ethereum Slots
Ethereum slots do not differ in terms of rules. You are still playing the same game – the advantages you get will not change the rules of the game. In this context, let us briefly remind you of the rules of slot games:
- A slot machine has more than one symbol and at least one pay line. Depending on the type of game (fruit slots, video slots, etc.), the number of pay lines can be much higher. As a matter of fact, slot machines with 1,024 lines are available.
- The goal is to place at least 3 identical symbols side-by-side on a pay line. When you press the “spin” button, the reels start spinning and stop automatically after a while. There are at least 3 symbols on each reel. The pay line is a real line and connects the two corners of the reels. (However, it is usually not a straight line and follows a zigzag pattern.) When the reels are stopped, if at least 3 symbols are placed on a line, you will be entitled to a reward according to the paytable.
- Each symbol has a different payout value. Some symbols are more valuable than others, and some have additional features. For example, the wild symbol can replace other symbols. The scatter symbol can be used to activate a specific bonus round. And jackpot symbols are required to win the grand prize.
- Almost every slot machine has a bonus round. These are usually free spins. In video slot machines, for example, it is possible to earn hundreds of free spins by fulfilling a certain condition (usually placing 3 scatter symbols anywhere on the reels). The profits you earn during this round are yours to keep.
Top Strategies for Ethereum Slots
It is unfortunately not possible to use a strategy for slot machines. These are purely games of chance, and it is not possible to predict the outcome of the symbols. Even the programmer who coded the game cannot predict this. Slot games work with an RNG software. Simply put, every symbol in the game has a numerical counterpart. RNG software generates random numbers. If these numbers and the numeric equivalents match, the symbol appears on the screen. Since there are so many possibilities, it is impossible to make a guess. But we can give some tips:
- Simple Games Are Better. As a general rule, simple slots with a single line (i.e. fruit machines) offer a higher winning chance. These games have fewer symbols and their minimum bet requirements are low. So if you are playing with a limited budget, you will get a longer play time. Theoretically, as the number of lines increases, your chances of winning also increase. However, games with many lines can be quite costly. In slot games, you place a bet per line, not per spin. For example, if the minimum bet amount is 0.1 ETH and there are 20 lines, then each spin will actually cost 2 ETH. For this reason, especially beginners and those with a limited budget should opt for simple slots.
- Stay Away From Jackpots. Progressive jackpot games are highly rewarding. For this reason, they are very popular. Such games do not have a fixed reward table. Every game you play increases the amount of reward accumulated. For example, a game with a grand prize of 500 ETH means that there are thousands of players who have played and lost. In other words, your chances of winning (compared to other categories) are very low. Professional players do not prefer progressive jackpot games because it is not possible to earn a regular income.
Ethereum slots are not games where experience is important. Everyone has an equal chance to win and there is no difference between a beginner and a professional gambler. If you are looking for a game where you can improve your chances of winning by using a strategy, Ethereum slots will not be the right choice. Players with such expectations should opt for Ethereum blackjack or Ethereum poker.