Dogecoin may have begun as a joke, but now it is one of the most valuable crypto-currencies. In fact, it holds the title of “most-transferred crypto-currency of all time”. Just like other virtual currencies, it is also possible to use Dogecoin, also known as “meme-coin”, for online gambling too. Especially if you like to tip the dealer at live casino games, Dogecoin will be the best option for that! Keep reading to find out what you can do with Dogecoin and the benefits you get with Dogecoin gambling.
Top Dogecoin Gambling Sites
What Is Dogecoin Gambling?
Dogecoin defines itself as “fun crypto-currency”. As a matter of fact, it is mostly used for small-scale transfers and to send “tips” at sites like Reddit and Twitter. Because online gambling is an extremely fun activity, and not all gamblers are big-time winners, Dogecoin is the perfect option for all kinds of casino games and betting! “Dogecoin gambling” is used to describe both the casinos that support this currency and general gambling activities using Dogecoin (DOGE). Like all other virtual currencies, using Dogecoin for gambling allows you to obtain various benefits too. You also make a Shiba Inus very happy – let’s not forget that.
How Does Dogecoin Gambling Work?
Dogecoin is a Litecoin fork, so the general principle of the system is almost the same. Once you buy Dogecoin, you become a part of the blockchain and the proud owner of a personal wallet. You can store your wallet on your mobile phone, on your computer, or on a website. In order to withdraw from online casinos, you will use your wallet address. Likewise, you need to know the wallet address of the online casino to deposit money. You can make all your money transfers by staying out of the banking system, so governments or tax offices won’t know what you are doing. This is the first advantage: You do not have to give any information about the source of your income.
Since it is a crypto-currency, using Dogecoin allows you to get various advantages as well:
- Anonymity. Even if it’s not a privacy-focused currency, Dogecoin allows you to make money transfers without sharing your credentials. Therefore, you do not need to share your personal and financial information to become a member of Dogecoin gambling sites. Since your identity is not important for the blockchain, there is no country restriction – Dogecoin gambling sites accept members from every country in the world. Regardless of the gambling laws of your home country, you can overcome legal obstacles by using Dogecoin.
- Surprisingly Faster Transactions. We will discuss this topic in more detail below, but for now, know that Dogecoin is one of the fastest payment methods. The transfers on the Dogecoin blockchain are completed much faster than, for example, Bitcoin and Litecoin, and the fees are much lower.
- Provably Fair Games. The provably fair feature we are used to seeing at Bitcoin casinos is also available in Dogecoin gambling. Because the working principle is the same, this feature can also be used in Dogecoin casinos via a widget. So you can be sure that the games you play are fair and there is no need to use an electronic gaming license.
Dogecoin vs. Bitcoin
You can see the main differences between the two currencies in the table below:
|Creator||Satoshi Nakamoto||Billy Markus|
|Creation Date||January 2009||December 2013|
|Block Generation Time||10 minutes||1 minute|
|Value of Coins (Total)||10.467.596.650 USD||1.046.960.252 USD|
If we make a detailed comparison between the two currencies:
- No Limits. Bitcoin has a limit, and once this limit is reached, all mining activities will stop. Dogecoin does not have such limits: As long as mining continues, new blocks will be added to the chain. In other words, it has a much longer “shelf life”.
- Perfect for Tips and Small Bets. The amount of Dogecoin on the market is quite large and this currency is mostly used for small-scale transfers. Dogecoin is a much better option if you want to tip a real dealer or if you want the minimum bet amount to make sense. Let’s give a simple example: To place a bet of 0.10 USD, you can use 0.000027 BTC or 125 Dogecoin. Which is easier to understand? Bitcoin gives very “weird” results for small quantities, but this is not the case for Dogecoin.
- Almost No Fees. Dogecoin is based on the Scrypt algorithm and can create new blocks 10 times faster than Bitcoin. Because of this, it ensures you get an incredible deposit and withdrawal speed before anything else. As the number of necessary confirmations is much less, you can literally complete a transaction in seconds. Doing a transaction on a Dogecoin blockchain costs only 0.0002 USD (while this article is being written). At the moment, there is no other virtual currency that can offer a lower fee. For this reason, it is possible, for example, to use the money you deposit to play games with almost no reduction.
- Perfect for Small Transfers. You will not win the jackpot every time: The winnings you get at an online casino or betting site will often be in low amounts. Dogecoin is a system developed especially for small-scale transfers. Since the fees are almost non-existent, you can withdraw your winnings without a noticeable loss. You can use Dogecoin not only for gambling but for all of your shopping needs as well: Contrary to popular belief, there are many websites and shopping platforms that provide Dogecoin support. Bitcoin may not be the right choice for buying low-priced things, but Dogecoin is created for this purpose.
If you are not a high-roller player and your gambling activities are usually limited to small quantities, Dogecoin will be a much better choice than Bitcoin. You can get all the benefits of using a crypto-currency without having to pay high fees. Dogecoin is an option that appeals to casual gamblers and offers more than all other currencies if you are gambling for fun.