You do not need a ticket to play keno: All you need is a virtual currency and a little luck. Keno, one of the most popular classic casino games and loved by players due to the simplicity of the rules, can also be played with Bitcoin. Combining the advantages of BTC technology with a simple, fast, and lucrative game, Bitcoin keno manages to appeal to every liking.
Top Bitcoin Keno Sites
What Is Bitcoin Keno?
Keno, as known, is a lottery-like game. Players choose from a series of numbers, and if the numbers drawn match the numbers you select, you are entitled to a reward. Bitcoin keno has no difference in this regard. So there is no difference in terms of rules and gameplay – Bitcoin is only used as a currency. But thanks to the features of BTC technology, players have the following advantages:
- Anonymous gambling. You do not need to share your credentials to play Bitcoin keno. For the same reason, ID verification is not required either.
- No restrictions. Bitcoin keno games are not subject to geographical limitations. It doesn’t matter wherever you live in the world.
- Fast transactions. Compared to other payment methods, BTC transactions are much faster. Deposit and withdrawals can be completed within minutes.
- Freedom. Even if gambling is prohibited in the country you live in, you can still play Bitcoin keno. Since money transfers take place on the blockchain, you do not have to deal with governments and local banks.
- Provably fair gaming. Most of the Bitcoin keno games support the provably fair feature. This feature allows you to check the drawing is really random or not. The provably fair feature is usually used via a widget and allows you to play keno games that are truly fair.
How Does Bitcoin Keno Work?
To play bitcoin keno, first and foremost, you need BTC. By using an exchange website, you can buy Bitcoin with, for example, USD. Read here for our guide. After you own BTC, you will have a custom “wallet” on the blockchain. Your wallet will be used to store blockchain addresses and you will use these to send and withdraw money. Just like you, the casino that hosts Bitcoin keno game also has a blockchain wallet/address. In other words, money transfers will take place between these addresses – banks won’t get involved.
Now it is time to find a Bitcoin keno game. You can find it in most of the Bitcoin casinos. Deposit BTC to your casino account by using the casino’s blockchain wallet address. (You can see this address in the payment options on your account page.) Once the process is complete, you can start playing the game. As mentioned above, there is no difference in terms of rules and conditions of winning. Play like you always play – you’ll only be using BTC as your currency this time. When you earn a prize, you can withdraw it to your blockchain wallet.
If the game supports it, we highly recommend you to use the provably fair feature. This feature will allow you to see if the RNG software is really random. This is especially important in games that use multiple numbers, such as keno. For maximum security and fairness, we recommend you choose Bitcoin keno games with the provably fair feature.
Rules of Bitcoin Keno
As stated above, there is no difference in terms of the rules. Bitcoin only allows you to use a different currency and achieve various privacy and fairness advantages – it does not change the rules of the game. You can see the classic keno rules below:
- Get a card. This is your digital “ticket” and you will use it in every round. On the card, you will see numbers from 1 to 80. At the end of each round, your card will be reset and you will be asked to reselect.
- Fill the card. Select some of the 80 numbers on the card. How many numbers you can choose varies from game to game – usually 20 are allowed. If you like, the game can randomly select the numbers for you. With each number you choose, the bet amount will also increase. As you can guess, you place the bets using Bitcoin.
- Watch the draw. The RNG software will draw 20 numbers. If some of the drawn numbers match the ones you select, you will be entitled to a reward. If not, you can try your chances again in the next round.
The prize amount depends on how many numbers you guess correctly and the game’s paytable. In other words, every Bitcoin keno game has a different payout – for this reason, we recommend that you check the paytable before you start playing. In games with a progressive jackpot pool, the prize amount can reach tens of BTC. In any case, you place bets with BTC and get paid with BTC. Remember that some Bitcoin keno variants have fewer than 80 numbers and/or allow you to select less than 20 numbers.
Top Strategies for Bitcoin Keno
Bitcoin keno is a game based entirely on luck, and there is no effective strategy. In general, we can say that the more numbers you choose, the higher your chances of winning. In the table below, you can see your chances of winning according to the total number you have chosen:
|Probability of Winning According to the Total Numbers Selected|
|17||1 in 90,624,035,964|
|18||1 in 10,512,388,171,906|
|19||1 in 2,946,096,785,176,811|
|20||1 in 3,535,316,142,212,173,800|
Here are the things we can learn from this table:
- Bitcoin keno has some “sweet spots”. These are 4, 5 and 6. So you are likely to guess at least 4 to 6 numbers. For this reason, always choose at least 6 numbers on a ticket. If you choose less, your chances of winning are very low. If you choose more, your chances of winning almost never increase, but the amount of your bet rises.
- Never choose the full 20 numbers. The bet amount will be very high and your chances of winning are close to “zero”. As an example, the probability of getting hit by a meteor is higher than the probability of guessing all 20 numbers correctly.
Bitcoin keno is a real game of luck and its house edge is quite high: 25% on average. For this reason, your first goal should be to have fun, not make money. Bitcoin keno is an excellent choice for casual gambling but not for professional gambling – if you want to make money from gambling, card games like Bitcoin Blackjack will be the better choice.