You do not have to use “classic” currencies to play blackjack: You can also play with Bitcoin and get various advantages. By choosing Bitcoin blackjack games; you can get rid of geographic constraints, withdraw money much faster, and be sure that there is no “cheating”. Moreover, you do not need to learn the game from the beginning; you still play the same game of blackjack.
Top Casinos for Bitcoin BlackJack
What Is Bitcoin Blackjack?
Bitcoin blackjack is simply blackjack games that you play using Bitcoin as a currency. In other words, there is no difference between the rules and the chances of winning: You just place bets using BTC instead of USD or EUR. But the technological features that Bitcoin has gives you some special advantages – like a fairness check. To play Bitcoin blackjack, you first need to find an online casino that offers BTC support. Once your deposit money to your casino account using BTC, you are ready to play Bitcoin blackjack games.
How Does Bitcoin Blackjack Work?
We can explain this in three ways:
- Classic Bitcoin Blackjack: We can include the standard blackjack game and variants that you play against the computer in this category. As we have explained above, they have no particular difference, only BTC is used as currency. Keep playing like you always do.
- Provably Fair Blackjack: These are blackjack games played against the computer too, but thanks to BTC technology and a widget, you can check the RNG yourself. Simply put, it is possible to check if the cards are really randomly dealt using encrypted hash data. This is a feature you can use only in Bitcoin blackjack and we recommend you prefer games with this system.
- Live Dealer Bitcoin Blackjack: Classic blackjack and variants that you play against a real dealer. Because it is a live game, it is not possible to use the provably fair feature. In other words, these are standard blackjack games, but they use BTC as currency and you play against a real dealer in real time.
Whichever version you choose, your winnings and losses are calculated as Bitcoin.
Rules of Bitcoin Blackjack
As we mentioned above, Bitcoin blackjack rules are not different. Blackjack is a game with many variations, but we can say that the basic rules are:
- The game is played between the dealer and one (or more) player(s).
- Each card has a point value. The Aces count as 1 or 11, the picture cards are 10, and the other cards are counted as their numerical values.
- Your goal is to reach 21 points in total or get a higher score than the dealer. If you exceed 21 points, you lose.
- At the beginning of the game, both the dealer and player receive 2 cards. The player’s cards are closed, and one of the dealer’s cards may be open or closed depending on the variant.
After the initial dealing, the player checks his points. If he is below 21 points, he has to choose one of these options:
- Hit: The player wants another card. There is no restriction in this regard, as long as you do not exceed 21 points, you may ask for a new card.
- Stand: If the player is confident with his hand, he no longer asks any other cards. For example, if you have a total of 20 points, you should choose this option.
- Split: If the first 2 cards are of the same value, the player can split them into two and play like two different hands.
- Double: The player doubles the bet amount on the table.
At any rate, the dealer continues to draw cards for himself. His goal is to reach 21 points too (or a higher total than the player). But the dealer is bound by additional rules: For example, if he has a total of 17 points, he must use the “stand” option.
Depending on the variant played, it is also possible to use other options such as insurance and surrender. Both of these cause the player to make a bet against himself, but it is possible to recover some of the losses at the end of the round. Again, depending on the variant played, using the split and double options can be subject to certain conditions, or various side bet options can be offered.
Top Strategies for Bitcoin Blackjack
Bitcoin blackjack strategies are no different than usual blackjack strategies; you can continue to use the tactics you always use. If we briefly mention some of them:
- If you have 17 points in total, do not ask for a new card. Dealers have a reason to stand at this total: Mathematically, if you ask a new card after 17 points, your chances of exceeding 21 are very high.
- If you have a score of 16 or less, you can make a move as shown in the table below:
|Point Total||Best Move|
|4 – 8||Hit|
|9 – 11||Double|
|12 – 16||Hit if the dealer total is between 2 and 6, otherwise, stand|
|17 – 21||Always stand|
|2/2 – 9/9||If you have two of the same cards in this range, always split|
- Do not take the insurance bet. Your chances of winning are very low. If you are not confident with your hand, surrender is a better choice.
- With optimal gameplay, you can reduce the house edge to 0.87%. But you have to be able to count cards for this. Counting cards is a valid and legal tactic, but it’s not as easy as you see in movies. Casinos use 8 decks in each game to prevent this. If you are not a mathematical genius or a savant, it is impossible to count them all. Nevertheless, you must be able to count cards at the basic level.
The most advantageous aspect of Bitcoin blackjack games is the provably fair feature we have described above. The games with this feature should be your priority. Playing classic or live dealer blackjack games with BTC gives you no advantage – you still play the same game. However, in games with the provably fair feature, you can check if the game is fair at any time.