Did you know that baccarat is regarded as blackjacks predecessor? These two card games are similar in many respects, with baccarat considered a more “noble” game. One of the similarities of both games is Bitcoin suppor; You can play baccarat using Bitcoin too. Moreover, you benefit from many advantages and get a more enjoyable gambling experience. If you do not know how to play Bitcoin baccarat, don’t worry, we’ll ensure you’re in good hands and teach you the ropes of this very entertaining game.
Top Bitcoin Baccarat Sites
What Is Bitcoin Baccarat?
Bitcoin baccarat is a term referring to the currency used: It means that the game is played with Bitcoin, instead of currencies like EUR and USD. So the first and most important difference is the used currency. Instead of bets like 10 EUR and 100 USD, you get to see bets like 0.0012 BTC. Bitcoin is a very valuable currency and even a single BTC is almost $ 15,000.
The game you are playing is still the same: The rules and gameplay are not changing at all. In other words, you do not have to learn to play baccarat again. The use of Bitcoin does not change the rule system and functioning of the game. But this is not just a currency change: By choosing Bitcoin, you get the chance to play truly fair games as well as many advantages.
How Does Bitcoin Baccarat Work?
As mentioned above, there is no difference in terms of rules and gameplay. You can continue to play as usual – in this respect, you do not have to change your habits. But with Bitcoin, you can get a lot of “extras”:
- Truly Fair Games – If you want to make sure the cards are genuine, you’ll love the provably fair feature. An RNG software decides which cards you will get while playing baccarat – but you can never be sure that this software is fair. The provably fair feature solves this problem. Before the cards are dealt, an encrypted hash value is being sent to your computer. When the dealing is complete, you can check this hash value and see if the cards are really selected randomly. No more doubts about fairness – provably fair is the most important and distinctive feature of Bitcoin baccarat games.
- Anonymous Gambling – You do not need to share your credentials with many casinos to play Bitcoin baccarat. You can only sign up with an e-mail address and play as long as you like. For the same reason, there is no country restriction: You can play Bitcoin baccarat games from anywhere in the world no matter what the laws of the country you live in.
- No More Waiting – You do not need to wait for days for deposits and withdrawals: You can withdraw the money you earned in Bitcoin baccarat games to your digital wallet within a few seconds. Moreover, no ID verification is required. In the same way, it takes only a few seconds for your money to be deposited in the casino account.
Rules of Bitcoin Baccarat
Baccarat has three basic variations: Punto Banco, Chemin de Fer, and Baccarat Banque. Punto Banco is the most popular among them. The rules of all variants are quite similar. For this reason, we will use the Punto Banco variant to explain the rules of the game.
As we have mentioned above, baccarat and blackjack are similar in many respects. In both games, the cards have point values, and in both of them, the goal is to reach a certain total number of points. This total is 21 for blackjack and 9 for baccarat.
The game is played between the dealer and the player(s). (Chemin de Fer and Baccarat Banque variants can only be played between players.) Each card has a point value: Cards 2 through 9 counts as their face value and Ace counts as 1 point. Other cards (jack, queen, king, ten) have no value. For convenience, you can think of their value as zero.
Initially, the player gets two cards. Unlike blackjack, both of them are openly put on to the table. The dealer then gets two open cards for himself. Traditionally, the total score of both sides is announced by the dealer at this stage. (i.e. “Player 7, Dealer 4”) If one of the sides in this phase has 8 or 9 points, the round immediately ends the side with the higher score wins.
Otherwise, the round continues and both sides can request new cards according to the rules explained below. The only requirement is not to exceed 9 points. While the total score is calculated, results higher than 9 are not considered. If the total is over 9, only the number on the left is taken into account. For example, let’s say the player has 7 and 9 in his hand. The total is 13. However, since this number is higher than 9, only the digit on the left side will be considered: 1. This is the true score of the player, not 13.
After the initial dealing, “3rd card rules” come into play. Both parties may request a third card according to the following conditions:
- If the player has a total of 0 to 5 points, he can claim a new card. If his score is 6 or 7, he has to use the stand option – no more cards.
- Whether the dealer can draw a third card is determined by both his own score and what the player gets as the third card. It will be easier to understand if we show it as a table:
|Player Draws:||Banker Must Draw With:||Banker Must Stand With:|
|2 – 3||0 – 4||5 – 7|
|4 – 5||0 – 5||6 – 7|
|6 – 7||0 – 6||7|
|8||0 – 2||3 – 7|
|All other cards||0 – 3||4 -7|
At first glance, it may look a little complicated, but do not worry: This table can also be seen on top of all Bitcoin baccarat game tables.
Top Strategies for Bitcoin Baccarat
Contrary to the popular belief, there is almost no strategy that works for baccarat. Unlike blackjack, card counting doesn’t give you a great advantage. This is due to the game’s scoring system. Since only the left-side digits of sums greater than 9 are taken into account, the probabilities are very high and it is not possible to calculate all of them at once. But we can give you a recommendation: Place a bet that favors the dealer (banker)! In Bitcoin baccarat, you can bet on three different outcomes: Player win, dealer win, and tie. Among these options, dealer bet has the lowest house edge ratio: 1.01%. The house edge ratio of the tie bet is 15.75%, so you should not choose this option under any circumstances.
For a more broader guide on Bitcoin gambling, check out our guide